Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Panels Of The Week - Week Of 10/05/11

It's the start of a new comics week, which means it's time to spotlight the best panels of the week before. For me, there's nothing this week that tops the two page spreads in Animal Man and Swamp Thing, but there were still plenty of terrific standalone panels. From indestructible baby blankets to getting blamed for the moon, here are our top 5 panels of the week.

5. Penguin: Pain and Prejudice #1














Don't even *think* about accidentally messin' with the Penguin. The way Szymon Kudranksi draws Penguin walking is what really sells this for me. Destroying lives is just part of a regular day.

4. Action Comics #2
I'm pretty sure this takes the crown for the most badass baby blanket of all time. All those bullets and it doesn't even look wrinkled. 

3. O.M.A.C. #2
I'm a sucker for goofy editor's notes. Every time I look at this one I start giggling. It's a great callback to issue one and fits in nicely with the book's retro pastiche.

2. Stormwatch #2
This one might not work out of context, but it context, it was the funniest moment of the week. The expression on Booster Gold's face is what takes it from hilarious to downright hysterical. 

1. Animal Man #1
For the second month in a row, Animal Man has our favorite panel of the week. I was creepy enough as a kid to have found reanimated animal corpses cute too. I love that Ellen's primary concern is the milk spilling on the table. 

By Marceline with No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives