Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Panels Of The Week - Week Of 10/12/11

Now that we're covering more than just DC comics, we'll be featuring 10 panels per week instead of the usual 5.  With so many great comics to choose from, it was a little tricky to narrow it down, but here's what we think were the top 10 panels of the week:

10. Generation Hope #12















Nominated by our resident Phoenix fanboy. He says this was more of a personal pick, but I have a feeling this was a cool moment for more than a few readers.

9. The Cape #2
































It's not as catchy as "Look! Up in the sky!" but I'm betting this would be a common response to the sight of some dude flying through the air.



8. Batwoman #2











Superhero relationships can be a tough sell for me, but Batwoman #2 left me completely convinced. This panel in particular has me grinning.

7. The Shade #1
















Just a great way to introduce a character. It helps that Cully Hamner's art looks fantastic.

6. Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E. #2






I'm going to have to figure out a way to drop this line into an everyday conversation.

5. Morning Glories #13
 




This one's a bit of a cheat, but both panels are great for the same reason. Click to see them full size.

4. Green Lantern #2






















I'm not sure what I like better- sadsack Hal or annoyed hero Sinestro. Either way, I am really enjoying Green Lantern.

3. X-Men Regenesis #1















I've been on an X-book hiatus for a while now, but this panel makes me want to dive back in. Beast is terrific when he's written well.

2. Demon Knights #2




























This is more adorable than it has any right to be.

1. American Vampire: Survival of the Fittest #5























Escaping from nazis on a motorcycle while they're attacked by a giant monster. It doesn't get any better than this, folks. Sean Murphy might very well be the best person in the world to draw this.

By Marceline with No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives